Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year's Kazoo

I'm behind on posting (which will likely happen often...so I apologize in advance!), so hoping to post several crafts today. My pictures are horrible...I get so busy either helping or participating that I forget to photograph. Hopefully this will change with time!

On New Year's Eve, Big Sis and I made a couple of noisemakers.

First, we made "kazoos". I was impressed that they actually do sound like kazoos if you use your voice just right! This craft was courtesy of Ramblings of a Crazy Woman, though also found it on Family Fun.

Supplies needed: Empty toilet paper or paper towel holder, wax paper, rubber band, decorating supplies (we used construction paper and markers, but could use foil, torn tissue paper glued to the roll, etc.)

First, I cut out a strip of construction paper that would wrap around an empty toilet paper roll. We each colored our paper. (Big sis chose to trace her hand and color it in.)You can tell when we are concentrating...our tongue sticks out!

Next, we glued the paper to our rolls,

Finally, I cut a piece of wax paper to cover one end of the roll and we secured it with a rubber band. We cut two slits in the wax paper and started tooting away!

No comments:

Post a Comment