Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Counting Bears

Counting bears have been a big hit at our house. I bought some on my own back in my teaching days and broke them out a couple of years ago to work with big sis on colors and sorting. Little sis is just about ready to start working on sorting too, her attention span just isn't quite there yet. However, she loves to play with them. She actually initially started sorting them by color when we first got them out on this day - she put yellow bears in the yellow cup, etc. without being told. Later, she just decided it was more fun to randomly place them, then pour one cup into the other.

Here's a picture of big sis trying to get little sis to sort by color!
I think it's time for us to expand our "counting bears" activities...can't wait to come up with a more creative use for them! They're just so cute and hard to resist! Even I want to play with them...ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment