Thursday, January 20, 2011

Colored Water Droppers

Okay, so I couldn't think up a better name for it. Thanks to Tired, Need Sleep who pointed me toward the site that has these available for download (makinglearningfun.com).

I went to the site, printed out a few of big sis' favorite letters/animals, and placed them in a plastic sheet protector. Then, I emptied out some almost empty food coloring droppers (I had two sets and just combined them) then added water to what little remained. (I actually kept squirting it back out and adding new water to further dilute it...tried to minimize the staining/damage potential!)

Big sis had a blast squeezing little drops of colored water on each circle!
We also discovered some other fun things about this...how the water blobs slid so easily on the sheet protectors and combined to make one bigger blob, and how sometimes the letters/designs maintained their shapes when you placed a paper cloth on top. (This killed the slowly-budding environmentalist in me as I try to never use paper towels, but it was just too neat to pass up!)

It was a fun activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment