Saturday, January 8, 2011

Game of Life

We are starting to be stuck indoors a little more and as today was feeling a little long, I was grasping for something new for Big Sis to do after she had her "rest time." She stated she wanted to play one of "Daddy's games", meaning a board game. (Daddy had played a couple with his family over Christmas while I was still in the kitchen or recovering from my time in the kitchen...ha!)

I raided our game cupboard for a "daddy game" and emerged with "The Game of Life." Just as I thought, she loved the little cars, people, play money, and game board with buildings.

The first thing she did was fill every card with people...what a great fine motor activity! She did ask me to help with a car or two, but she filled most of them on her own. (Those people are so tiny, sometimes I even struggle with them...ha!) Then she had them drive around on the roads and had the people get out at different buildings. She used the pictures on the job and house cards as well. It turned out to be a fun little activity...not one she'd want to do every day, but in a pinch on a rainy or snowy day, I think I'll be pulling this one out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment