Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Color/Movement Game

Supplies needed: small wooden cubes, paint or marker, colored construction paper, maybe pictures/stickers

I made a game the other day...despite what you see in the pictures, we actually have yet to play it as the dice mysteriously ran off (later to be found in a play measuring cup and baby food plate!).

A while ago, I had purchased some wooden cubes at a local craft store. I also had some laminated construction paper on hand, so I picked six different colors, then colored each face of the cube one of each color. On the other cube, I wrote several actions, such as crawl, walk like a penguin, hop, etc. I am in the process of adding stickers/pictures to each side so that my 3 year old can look at the die and know what to do.Next, I placed the 6 pieces of paper around the room. (This is as far as we got...the girls had more fun just running and dancing around to the pieces of paper while I hunted for the dice!)

On your turn, you roll each die and do the action shown. For example, if you roll red and crawl...you must crawl to the red square! My oldest knows her colors well, so this will just be a fun action game. I'm hoping it will help the little one as we work a little more on color recognition with her. I think it will also elicit a number of giggles...especially if we all end up on the same color!

No comments:

Post a Comment