Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hole Punch Snowflakes

Today, we tried making snowflakes using the hole puncher, as shared on No Time for Flash Cards.

First, I took some computer paper (wishing I would've thought to pull from our recycle stash...who cares what is on the other side!), folded it in half twice then into a triangular shape. I cut off the excess/did a design on that end. I got several of these ready before we began.

Initially, we tried a regular hole punch. This was our result:I tried folding it less, but Big sis just didn't have the hand strength for our pairs of hole punches. So instead, we pulled out the three-hole-punch and sure enough, she could use that! She had a lot of fun punching holes!She was so excited when she finally punched a hole on her own!


Note: I did supervise her the entire time and helped a bit with this project...I don't think she would've been able to smash her fingers, but you never know so please use caution if you choose to try this!
Little Sis wasn't too interested, so here's the fun she had.
It was a fun alternative to cutting! Thanks for sharing, Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment