Sunday, January 29, 2012

Valentine's Day garland for mantle

I loved the way our fall leaf garland turned out, so I thought I might try that for Valentine's day. My plan was to purchase hearts and have the girls help paint them. However, there was just one heart left. Instead, I opted for a simple oval shape, wrote "Be Mine" on them and ran with that instead. In retrospect, I wish I would have purchased wood letters and painted them, since my writing stinks! (It would have been more expensive, though.)

On to the craft!

Supplies needed:
Roll of ribbon (I used grossgrain, 1 inch wide I think)
5 oval wood disks and 1 heart (or letters or other shapes)
Craft paint
Paint brushes
Hot glue gun


Paint your wood pieces as desired and let dry.
Cut a piece of ribbon the length you desire.
Lay your ribbon out on the floor and determine where you want your wood pieces to hang (I always start with my center piece and work out)
Use the hot glue gun to attach the pieces to the ribbon.
Hang and enjoy!

(For a fun version with kids, have them help paint!)

(Note: I leave my garland up through winter, the house just feels so much cozier and happier through the blah months of winter!)



No comments:

Post a Comment