Friday, January 20, 2012

Card Table Tent

While snooping around on etsy once back when I was pregnant with Little Sis, I fell in love with these card table tents. This gal is so talented and her tents are so cute!

Upon seeing it, I decided to try it out myself and give it to Big Sis when we came home from the hospital with her new sibling. I searched around other sites to get some ideas as to how I might want to make ours. Not only am I a self-taught cake decorator, I am also a self-taught and pretty inexperienced seamstress. Therefore, this is no where near perfect or as cute as hers, but for as big a project as it was, I was so excited with how it turned out. The girls still enjoy playing with it. In fact, the pictures below are from this past week, not 3 years ago when it was first presented to big sis. It has been through some wear and tear, and some of the accessories are missing (letters for the mailbox, some apples, veggies from the veggie patch, and the watering can for the garden). Regardless, I thought I'd still share. Not something I will likely ever do again, but it was fun and rewarding to try it once!




No comments:

Post a Comment