Friday, January 20, 2012

Halloween Costumes from years past

I likely will never post sewing instructions, as I am always just winging it when I sew. Thought I'd still post past years' costumes, all of which were homemade with the exception of Minnie Mouse (I could not find polka dot material locally and was feeling intimidated by a dress...Cinderella was my first ever attempt at a dress) and the fairy wings.

(Side note: seems we do not have any pics prior to Little Sis' birth on our back up storage drive...will have to hunt for those years and add later. Missing Big sis as a fairy when she was 1.5 and dressed as a flower for her first Halloween.)

Sorry for all of the pics of Little Sis as Pebbles for her first Halloween. Right now, she's in that "over smiling" or scowling phase for pictures, so I just had to post all of these with her adorable smiling baby face!





Bought the Minnie Mouse Costume. Made the Pebbles dress and "bone" accessory for her little whale spout.


Made all of the Snow White Costume except the tiara (made a cape, skirt, and top...first time working with costume satin - definitely not my favorite! Did learn some lessons and improved the next year.) Made the fairy tutu. I think I like the way big sis' fairy tutu turned out just a little better, but it was fun to try a different technique

No comments:

Post a Comment