Friday, January 20, 2012

Big Sis Birthday April 2011

Just realized I had not blogged Big Sis' cake from last year. She wanted Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. She had this particular cake in mind, but it just wasn't an option. (I do not own a printer for edible items and she has a tree nut allergy, so almost all bakery made cakes are off limits.) Instead, I made Rudolph cupcakes along with a mini cake that said Happy Birthday.

For the cupcakes, I used Wilton icing tubes to make Rudolph's face on wax paper. (I had printed a picture and then just free handed it.) I stuck those in the freezer.
During that time, I spread each cupcake with icing and rolled the edges in red sugar sprinkles. Then I removed the Rudolph faces, peeled them off the wax carefully and placed on top of the cupcakes. She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment