Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Small bell wreath

Saw one of these hanging at Michael's and the supplies were on sale, so decided to give it a try!

Supplies needed:
Bells
Wire (I used floral wire an it was way too weak - I plan to get something thicker or see if I can cut down a wire hanger)
ribbon or other adornments

I already had a silver version of this that I received as a gift. We usually hung it from a door knob so the door jingled every time the door opened, until one day the dog destroyed it. Very easy to make! Kids could make it for a teacher or grandparent or something (with a little help).

Just string the bells onto the wire, twist the wire together to close/shape into a circle, then add ribbon/raffia/twine/whatever to adorn it and make a hanger if desired.
I'll try to fix mine and get a finished picture. I loved the fun colors (even though they don't match any of my Christmas decor) and used a sparkly purple ribbon to make a bow and a circle hanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment