Sunday, December 18, 2011

Elf on the Shelf

While I really try to down play Santa's Naughty List and focus more on connecting Santa to the real meaning of Christmas, I do love Elf on the Shelf. Growing up, my grandmother had this funny looking elf that hid in her rhododendron year round, so I can't help but think of her. Plus, it's just a lot of fun!

Our girls named their elf Pop Bubble this year. (If you only could have heard their wild other choices...) He started out the year fairly tame, but recently has been more adventurous. Perhaps he is starting to miss the North Pole. Maybe he is just getting more excited for Christmas! Thought I'd share two of his recent antics...

I didn't get a picture of it, but this morning we found him making a snow angel in a pile of sugar on one of our cookie sheets.

Earlier this week, he was discovered putting together a mini disney princess puzzle (he kept adding pieces throughout the day).

My favorite of the week was turning the milk green/hiding in the fridge. (Hiding in the fridge actually concerned big E a bit - if I recall correctly, I think she was worried he had died! I reassured her that perhaps he is just a little homesick for the North Pole, where it is really cold all the time!)

I just love his ornery little eyes looking up at the milk!

I wonder what kind of mischief or fun he'll be up to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment