Thursday, November 10, 2011

Christmas or Birthday Countdown

I've seen several of these on the internet and decided to make one of my own. Seeing as I received a Christmas Countdown/Advent calendar as a Christmas gift one year, I opted to make a birthday one. I know big sis gets so excited around her birthday - perhaps this will eliminate the, "Is it my birthday yet?!" question!

Supplies needed:
Muffin tin (mini 24-count for a full Christmas one, size of your choice for birthday)
Cardstock and either scrapbook paper/embellishments or a computer program
magnets (I bought an adhesive roll)
possibly glue

If you choose to use scrapbook paper:
Cut cardstock circles out in a size large enough to cover the muffin tin holes. I just used a variety of glasses to make the circle shapes. Decorate as you see fit, adding the countdown numbers as well.

If you choose to use the computer: Design your circles and print onto cardstock.

Cut little pieces of magnets and attach to the backs of each circle. I ended up gluing mine on as the adhesive didn't work well.

Overall, my circles ended up being a little stiff and they don't always lay well over the muffin cups. Possibly using lighter weight paper, adjusting the circle size, or using more powerful magnets would help eliminate this problem.

Fill each muffin cup with a special surprise, cover with the circles and let the countdown begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment