Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ornament Wreath

I've always liked the ornament wreaths you can buy around the holidays, but not enough to purchase one. However, when I stumbled upon do-it-yourself directions, I was determined to make one! I cannot remember the original blog I read this on, but there are lots of other examples and posts on this project. Here's how I made mine:

To keep it cheap, purchase your ornaments after Christmas. I bought 3 boxes of small ornaments for around $5 I think. I know they cost $5 each regular price at Target. (Although I wish I would have purchased 4!)


Supplies needed:
Wire hanger
Ornaments (how many depends on size you want to make...deciding how many to purchase is the hardest part!)
Possibly ribbon (I actually found mine at the Dollar store!)

Untwist your wire hanger and form it into an open circle. Start stringing on your ornaments.
Once full enough for you, twist the wire together again at the top. If desired, you can make a loop with the wire for hanging. I used pliers to help me as my hanger was a really stiff one.

If you wish to add ribbon - go for it. I made a bow and attached it with pipe cleaner, then used some extra ribbon as a hanger...not sure I will keep that part. We'll see how it looks this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment