Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Stained glass" heart (or suncatcher?)

Big sis has mostly just wanted to engage in free style card making for Valentine's Day (all cards have gone to Daddy so far!), so this was our first, and possibly only, V-Day craft this year. The idea came from No Time for Flashcards and Our Crafts n Things.

Supplies needed: Wax paper (or I suppose parchment would work), tissue paper, sharpie marker, glue, scissors, possibly a hole punch and ribbon

First, I drew a heart on a piece of wax paper using a Sharpie marker. I had the girls tear pieces of tissue paper (which they weren't really wanting to do, so I ended up helping quite a bit). I mixed some glue and water and had them drag the tissue paper bits through the glue and lay them on the wax paper. Little sis lost interest after 5-6 strips, so I helped finish hers.We let them dry over night and I cut them out, hole punched, and added hanging ribbon the next day. Lots of possibilities for this craft. May try making several shamrocks with the girls to hang in our window (or maybe Easter eggs) later this spring! Big sis had fun wearing hers, although had I known she wanted to do that, I would have made them a little bit smaller!Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment