Monday, February 14, 2011

Tell Me a Story

Let me start this entry by stating that I am not receiving anything for this review...just sharing a toy/book that we have fallen in love with! It may not be every child's cup of tea, but our eldest just loves these!

We stumbled upon eeBoo's Tell Me a Story cards at our local toy store. We opted for the Fairy Tale Mix Ups version. Basically, it is a box filled with neat illustrations related to fairy tales. There is a card with some suggestions for use inside, but we've had fun creating our own ways of using the cards. Right now, here is what we are doing so far...

*We pick out several cards (at least 3) and my eldest will hand us one card at a time as we tell a story using the pictures on the card. We usually have her help with certain parts of the story.

*Occasionally, my daughter will tell a story. She usually doesn't like to do this in front of us...she waits until she is in her room alone at bedtime and will tell a story to her stuffed animals!

*A new favorite game created by Daddy is to act out the cards. One of us will tell the story while everyone else acts it out. (Our youngest hasn't quite caught on to this yet, so I know it will become even more fun when she can participate.)

I am thinking about purchasing another set, but I know the fairy tale set will remain the favorite for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment