Monday, December 20, 2010

Gingerbread Man Craft

A week or two ago, Big Sis and I decided to craft while Lil Sis napped. We tried making gingerbread men using the directions from Ramblings of a Crazy Woman.

First, we painted our gingerbread men and sprinkled on cinnamon while the paint was still wet. Once the paint was dry, we started gluing on our "accessories" (googly eyes, pipe cleaner mouth, white pom pom buttons, and ribbon for the shirt and pant cuffs). Right now, it's easier for Big Sis to paint on Mod Podge than to squeeze out some glue (something we need to practice, just never feel like practicing in the middle of a craft!) and glue sticks just never seem to work well for us. (Sorry for no pics - this was pre-blog!)

Needless to say, Little Sis woke up just as I had finished mine, so while Big Sis continued to glue, I took Lil Sis to get a snack and help her wake up. This is the scene I found when I returned:

If you can't tell from the pictures, she went crazy with the Mod Podge while I was away. There IS a gingerbread man buried underneath all of that white. Don't know what made me think I could leave her alone with a bottle of Mod Podge! (Especially since she becoming a "Scientist" like Lil Sis!)

Needless to say, after thoroughly washing our hands and changing some clothes, we let it dry and cut it out. She has one very stiff, shiny gingerbread man! Hers doesn't smell very cinnamon-y, however! Ha!

Such a cute idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment