Monday, December 27, 2010

Belated Merry Christmas!

We are in between family gatherings, but thought I'd maybe post a pic or two (if I can find any good ones) along with some links to the most-requested items from our Christmas dinner!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Sausage and Tortellini Soup - I fix this every year around Christmas (and at other times too) - it is one of my favorite crock-pot soup recipes. My recipe is just slightly different, but I think this version would be equally good!

Corn Pudding/Casserole - Couldn't find the exact recipe that I use. This one was close. I usually mix everything but the cornbread, then add that. "Everything" also includes 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper to taste. Mine usually needed 1 hour to bake, especially if doubled. Yum!

Strawberry Salad/Dessert - This is another family favorite. I have yet to try mine frozen...it is really delicious served as is and refrigerated (just won't keep quite as long most likely). I omit the pecans (I think this recipe lists walnuts) due to a nut allergy in the family. I also use more cool whip - use a medium or large size depending on how much I want (and also how it tastes as I mix it in...ha!).

No comments:

Post a Comment