Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lemonade Stand

After hearing about the lemonade stand from over at Oh, Pickles (her inspiration came from here), I knew immediately that I wanted to try something like this some day!

As I was attempted to clean out the garage, I noticed some spare wood and decided it was time to take on the project. After searching various do-it-yourself stands and getting input from my two little entrepreneurs, I decided to mainly use the plans from This Old House (mainly because I had the right amount of wood on hand for this plan AND the plan allows you to fairly easily disassemble the stand for storage...a must in our house!), but adding the awning from this site.

I didn't take pictures as I worked, so I only have finished product pics.

I will say that the poles I used for my awning are too long and I cut the tulle a little too short, so my awning doesn't look as cute. (I also could stand to add more!) I may just make a cloth awning at some point in time...perhaps end of summer fabric sales! I also plan to paint a frame around the chalkboard. The spray paint has worked wonderfully...it wipes down so easily! All in all, a fun project and my girls love playing with it!





No comments:

Post a Comment