Monday, October 3, 2011

Family Rules

While checking out some other blogs, I stumbled across "Family Rules" and thought that was such a neat idea...and perfect for the huge blank space currently on our family room wall! After looking at many ideas and brainstorming on our rules, I ended up making mine as follows. Overall I am happy with the way it turned out, but please know that there are some much cheaper ways to make super cute versions!

Supplies I used:
Canvas
Scrapbook paper
Scrapbooking letter stickers
some ribbon/trim I had on hand
Mod Podge

Basically, I cut strips of scrapbook paper and mod podged it on. (There is a seam in the middle of my canvas obviously because the scrapbook paper wasn't wide enough).



Next, I "wrote" the rules using the stickers. Finally, I added my trim/embellishments and also took some leftover scraps around the edges of the canvas to create a sort of border.

I originally read about this project at the Pleated Poppy. She also opened a linky party - great way to see many different takes on this project and brainstorm rules!! It was lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment